Whether you have been diagnosed with a phobia or not, everyone is secretly afraid of something. Perhaps your fear is dolls or clowns, heights or flying, snakes or spiders. Whatever the object of your fear, it likely causes a visceral reaction in you. What are you most afraid of, and how does it make you feel? Share your stories here!
My various fears
- I have a few big fears. One is the fear of suicide. I am afraid that I will kill myself one day as I had a history of depression. I have now recovered from it but I am still having the fear. I also have a fear of reckless behaviour. I fear that I might be super manic someday and start doing things without second thought, just for fun, such as drinking excessively, having sex, party like an animal, overdose on drugs etc. Lastly I have a fear of losing control of my life. I am afraid when things in life turn upside down, I would not know what to do.
- —Guest A
- My biggest fear is demons. I am afraid of them because hey Do exist, they are evil and i don`t know many things about them. One rason for which i shouldn`t be afraid of them is because God exists.
- —Guest FearGuest
Be kind to fear
- An emotional response to a false fear when exaggerated become a phobia.If you improve your ability to take out the falsehood of the fear, you may feel a wisdom of shift from fear to release of fear.You realize the fear was not your choice in the first place and you feel stupid if you still carry on to this fear.There is a good saying:Be kind and be easy on your fears and they become kind on you by leaving you.
- —Guest Chaknop Khullar
The human condition
- I fear, not people, but what people are capable of doing. When placed into a dire situation, when flight or fight kicks in. People are capable of committing such atrocities, though none of us would believe that we would be able to do such a thing. That we aren't capable of murder, that only evil people would. I think about the fact that when it comes down to it, it's a dog eat dog world, if I were presented with a life-threatening situation, I wonder what I would do to survive. Would I kill? Self preservation, it's an innate reaction in humans.
Now the question is, what would you
do? I hope that you never have to find that out.
- —Guest Celest
Fear of foreign entity entering body
- My fear actually started as a child with being afraid of the dark. I still am by the way, but it has grown into a bigger paranoia. I am afraid of the things i can not see like something hiding in the dark. I have to have the tv on at night as well as a light in every single room. I run down the hallway if i have to use the bathroom or go to the kitchen. I sleep in strange positions where the covers cover my face because i am afraid if i move the covers i will see something staring at me. I am afraid that while i am asleep somthing un natural can entery my body and that i am not protected. I do not like falling asleep after my husband beause i dont feel protected. My fears sound irrational but are very real. I am not afraid of being robbed or dying , i think that there are far worse things in life than death, but i am afraid of the things that do go bump in the night and that i cant see or have control over. Wierd i know. Any suggestions?
- —Guest jessika0307
- As Louis Tomlinson (One Direction) also once said he was afraid to grow up, I realized I was to. I want to be forever young.
- —Guest Levi Gradey
- I have a severe fear of dolls. I get huge panic attacks and will cry because of them. For me, button eyed dolls and glass dolls are the worst. I was curious if anybody else shared this fear? I have never met somebody with this fear, too.
- —Guest Guest
- School. The idea of sitting in class or even going to school has caused me extreme anxiety. It has nothing to do with bullying, it's just the idea of being there what panics me.
- —Guest Armando
- I have quite a few phobias. One is a fear of zombies. I developed it when I was a child and now I can't watch zombie movies play zombie video games or even see pictures of zombies. I also have a fear of being over deep water and being underwater and of being in a plane and in closed spaces. I'm honestly not sure Its healthy to have so many phobias...
- —Guest M.R.S.
- I really have a fear of insects i cant take them why when you crush them they make a crushing sound and guts oh my gosh i cant take it insects not a big fan if i sound like a wuss in sorry but dont blame me why i have it
- —Guest Anthony
- I am terrified of storms, especially if there is a lot of wind. If I hear a storm is coming I will be extremely anxious all day. I seem to think every storm has a tornado in it.
- —Guest nat
- i fear people a lot especially when i am asked to make any form of public speech. The situation is really devasting my life. Don't know what to do to combat it.
- —Guest dede
- I have a fear of dolls. My fear started when I was 3 and up until now (I'm 13) my fears have gotten worse and worse. I am more scared of baby dolls and glass dolls more than anything, I have panic attacks if I see one and I wanted to know if anyone else has or has had this fear? Is there any way I can help my fear?
- —Guest Camryn
- I am 15 and this fear has been ruining my life for quite a while. I love to visit museums and clothes outlets but more often than not they have waxworks and they scare me so much, I am at a loss of what to do.
- —Guest sarah
- My fear? I have several of them.. One of them is that I'm afraid that one day everything will end, everything will die, except of me. I have a fear that I'll be the only one left, that I'll be alone. Even the idea of that scares me so bad.
I'm also afraid of dying. Well, who is not? Actually, it's the only thing anybody is afraid of.. Death. Just think about it.. You're scared of something because you think it will kill you. Death it is.
It's more complicated than you think for me.. And that's not my only fears. I know you may then judge me from my so young age but trust me.. I'm so more open minded than you think....
- —Guest Nancy